Need some help

Bob Haskins

TVWBB Member
I will be doing 2 butts and a brisket all day Sat. and will be serving them Sun. at about 6 p.m. If the cook is done at 10 p.m. Sat evening, how should I keep them ready to go for the eat on Sun. night. Can I foil and cooler until Sun. morn and then pull and slice? Should I slice? Need help from the pros. Thanks in advance!!

Bob, You can do the Butts a day ahead and pull then just reheat before serving. You can put them in big foil pans cover tightly with foil and reheat in the oven at 200 with a little AJ for moisture. I know many people do brisket and then reheat it but not me. I hate reheated brisket. I would do the brisket on Sunday and when it's done wrap in foil let it rest in a cooler for at least 2 hrs 4 hrs would be better unwrap slice and serve. JMO

Thanks for the help Bryan. I was trying to avoid the smoke on SUN. because I'm doing 24 half chickens and a shrimp boil for lunch. Usually steamers but the red tide got us this year. If I'm serving at 6 then I would have to have the Brisket down by 4 and that would mean a very early wake up time. Trying to avoid that too. I agree with you on the Brisket warm-up but I don't think I have a choice. Thanks again!!

Bob, unless you have time constraints I would start the cook late Sat night and cook into Sunday. Try and time them to be done early afternoon, then wrap them until they're ready to be served. The food always taste better fresh out of the smoker.

OK When you pull it off the WSM just leave it whole and put it in a foil pan and cover with foil. When reheating you can add a little beef stock if theres not enough juice in the bottom of the pan, but there should be enough. Slice it up and return to the pan with the juices in it and add some stock if the brisket's too dry. For the PP you can use a crock pot on low to reheat also. That's what i use and it works great.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Bob, You can do the Butts a day ahead and pull then just reheat before serving. You can put them in big foil pans cover tightly with foil and reheat in the oven at 200 with a little AJ for moisture. I know many people do brisket and then reheat it but not me. I hate reheated brisket. I would do the brisket on Sunday and when it's done wrap in foil let it rest in a cooler for at least 2 hrs 4 hrs would be better unwrap slice and serve. JMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ditto!

Back