Need Help with GOYA Mojo Criollo

Phil L.

TVWBB Member
Hey all. was browsing the local market, and came across some GOYA BRAND MOJO CRIOLLO marinade.

I've heard good things about it, but it didnt look like much of a marinade..

Do I need to add crushed garlic, pepper flakes or anything?

I was going to make Flank Steak and Chicken dinner some time this week on the Kettle.

Personally, I think it's a bit lacking in its acid, but I can vouch that Kevin's recipe is excellent! However, I've certainly used the Goya before in a pinch.

I just bought a gallon of the stuff.. $6.00 so I decided I would try it..

After I go through the bottle, I'll probably try Kevins recipe.

Thanks to all.

Goya is the brand I usually buy. Besides a marinade (mixed with some light olive oil), it's also good splashed on boiled yuca, or as a dipping sauce for freshly-fried plantain chips.

I like Kevin's recipe just fine. But - I always have some of the Goya Mojo on hand. It's great IMHO as a base to grab in a pinch. I always add something. Typically lemon, orange, lime. Mix, one type, etc. I will typically remove the rind and dump it in along with the juice, and then dump the hull in with it. I will typically add more garlic and usually a coarse chopped onion. I think it punches it up nicely and freshens up the flavor a bit. Take about 5-10 minutes. Love using it for chicken, lamb, pork. Usually left overnight. Then what ever rub I decide.

Back