NEED HELP!! qUICK FINISH FOR BRISKET

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

15 lb. packer. Temp is now 178*. I want to serve dinner at 6. If I pull the brisket in the next half hour, will it hold in a warmed up cooler wrapped in blankets for approx, 5 hrs. I will add three butts in a couple of hours. Thanks for a quick response, I'm getting worried about trying to hold it 5 hrs. Thanks

Jimmy B/

Yes, it will. But pull it when it's done--which is not likely to be in the next half-hour if cooking at a low temp.

Kevin,
thanks for the reply, I'm kinda new at this. I should pull between 185 and 195, correct? Thanks

Jimmy

I forgot to add that the temp at the lid of my WSM is 250.

Jimmy

Then, yes, that would be the temp range.

Test it at 188-189 and see how it feels. Use a probe, pick or fork and see if it feels tender in the center of the flat portion. If so, done; if not, let it rise a few degrees and check again. If you are unsure target 193, pull, wrap and rest.

Enjoy your dinner, Jimmy.

Kevin,

When I checked the temp it was 191. The temperature probe slid into the brisket like a knife into warm butter. I then tried it with a two pronged fork, same thing. I pulled it and wrapped it in foil, then a towel. I wrapped it in a blanket and put it in a pre-warmed cooler. I held it in the cooler for 4 hrs. When I removed it from the cooler and unwrapped it down to the foil, it was still too hot to hold.
Everyone enjoyed the dinner. I received a few pats on the back and many compliments for my effort.Thanks again for your help.

Jimmy

Back