Need help please

I am back! In the video, all of the black burner wires or disconnected at the ignition box. The white wire, fathers from the ignition box, is disconnected at the burner. All of my burners have black wires. Does it matter if I disconnect the wire from the ignition box or the burner?

Normally the black wire is permanently connected to the igniter at the burner side and and cannot be removed on this side. However you can remove the whole igniter from the burner tube.
On the grills with the knobs at the front the igniter just slide on and off the burner.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vokMZMCicrA
The white wire is ground wire and can be removed on either side.

Well, three burners are now working great. However the burner on the far left continues not to work. If all the other burners are off it will light briefly (via match) but not stay lite. If other burners are on it will not light.
I’v switched out tanks but no go. Is there something I should to the jet (no sure if that is what it is called but the thing on the manifold for that burner)? I did buy a new regular & hose but did not install as I wanted to check in for advice first.
Judy

Prior to seeing your post LMichaels, I used the pt of a safety pin to move around in the nozzle that connects to the burner. Burner now works. While all burners look good it is only heating to 375 after 15 minutes. I’m going to check for gas leaks on current hook up then, if needed, hook up new regulator & hose. Thanks for hanging with me.

Hi:
If the safety pin worked on the one burner orifice, you might want to try the same technique on the other burners. Might have some residual gunk in them as well.

Foley! Pinning the other jets didn't work & the hose on the regulator I bought is not the same size.. i’ve Decided to give the unit to my sister’s family & get a Q 1200 or 2200.
Thank for all the help & encouragement. It was fun doing something I never thought to do.
Cheers,
Judy

O.k., couldn’t let it go. Read How to reset the regulator when in bypass. And it worked, grill quickly heated to over 500. So pleased. Thanks all!

Back