Need help identifying Genesis S330 part names

Russ in CFL

TVWBB Fan
Hello all,

I was recently cleaning out my Genesis S330 and noticed some parts that need replacing. I looked through the websites in the big sticky but didn't see them so I could use some help identifying them please. All three are inside the cook area and from what I can tell are some type of heat shields.

The first is the inside liner (?) of the lid. It looks to be a thin layer mounted to the inside of the lid. The rust does not go through the lid itself and this moves when I press on it like a separate piece. Some rust holes have appeared so I would like to replace it if possible. Here is a pic of the area. This pic is the bottom of the lid when opened where the rust is.
PXL_20210106_171010083.jpg

The next pieces look to be small shields that mount to the front and rear of the inside of the cook box. At one time they must have ran across the whole front and rear but not sure. The second pic shows what is left of the front piece. When I check e replacement parts for the cook box it shows two small pieces of metal that come with the whole assembly but not sure if that is them. They look to be smaller in the pic at that link and these look to be pretty big. I don't need the whole box as mine is fine.

PXL_20210106_171122957.jpg

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210106_171059004.jpg
    PXL_20210106_171059004.jpg
    495.2 KB · Views: 3
The first picture is your lid liner. You would have to replace the entire lid. I think it is probably under warranty and a call to Weber C/S might net you a brand new lid.

I don't know about the second part.
Untitled.jpg

Thanks for the info on the liner.

Yes that is what is left of the piece closest to the control knobs. What is left is probably about 1/3 of the total piece. There was also a piece similar to it on the back of the cook box as well.

I originally thought so but that piece is mounted outside of the cook box. E replacement parts describes it as

This is an authentic Weber replacement part, sourced from the original manufacturer for use with outdoor gas grills. The metal heat shield is used to deflect heat produced within the firebox away from the control panel assembly. This item is available as an individual replacement part, please see illustrated diagram for associative parts.

I took it as part 28 is outside where the knobs are. Maybe when I call c/s about the other part they will know. Because of their condition I'm assuming they have been more or less gone for years now and the grill works fine. Worst case I keep running without them. The weber diagram doesn't even show them so maybe they stopped including them all together.

Yah, call about the lid and ask about those heat deflectors at the same time. They may just throw them in with a new lid.

t0sG1c6.jpg

that part with the arrows is a xtra heat shield for the wiring i had to get mine from weber $25.00

I called Weber about the parts. The two inner pieces were unknown and considered unnecessary so skipped them. They aren't even referenced in the assembly guide. The lid liner is not something that can be purchased by itself. If the outer lid was rusting through the warranty would cover the whole thing. Mine is not. He also said the piece isn't necessary and can be removed if it gets bad enough. I figure with the little bit of rust I'll leave it alone until it gets worse then worry about. I moved last year and now my grills are under cover all the time now so I doubt they will get too much worse, at least for a while anyway.

On a good note it turns out my burner tubes were still under warranty, for another 2 years even! So they are sending me brand new ones and while I was at it I replaced my flavorizer bars in the same order. Price was just too good to pass up. Wonderful customer service by Weber! Such a refreshing change from the poor customer service most big companies offer these days. Well done Weber.

Yah, I think they are whiffing on the lid liner warranty issue. Kind of funny how they tell you all these parts are "unnecessary" but they come with the grills new. But in general, I also think their C/S is good in a lot of instances.

How much did you pay for the flavorizer bars and were they stainless steel or porcelain coated steel?

I am glad you got some satisfaction from Weber to help you out. Many people don't even try a warranty claim.

I figure I could have pushed the issue or made up some bs about the lid rusting through but mine still looks near perfect so it wasn't worth it.

Stainless, $30.00 no shipping.

Good deal on the flavo bars. Lying (BSing) probably wouldn't have worked anyway. They generally require you to send them photos of the damage.

Good deal on the flavo bars. Lying (BSing) probably wouldn't have worked anyway. They generally require you to send them photos of the damage.
My first thought was that these were the names of Chinese aftermarket flavo bar manufacturers, Lying and BSing...:giggle:

Back