need help fast!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hey everyone-Newbie needing some quick advice. As is sometimes the case with smoking, I have things finishing at different times this afternoon. How long can I keep ribs warm if I wrap them in tinfoil and put them in a cooler? Any issues with them overcooking while there in there? Any help would be much appreciated

Not sure how long ribs hold their heat, but I reckon they'd steam themselves nice and tender in there. Maybe you could even toss 'em back on a grill to crisp 'em up a bit when you were ready to sere.

Or coulc you just arrange things so you cook the ribs later, and thus they finish with everything else?

Susan, wrap the ribs in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil, wrap that in a towel and stick them in the cooler. When removed just pop em on the grill. Now keep in mind that they could very easily turn mushy in there if they sit too long, so take them off a little before you normally would. Good luck.

I did spares using the 3-2-1 method and found 2 hurs in foil was too long the spares were large and 5lbd'ers and I found them to be overdone. I will be reducing the amount of time in foil.

My intention wa to do the following

3 hours on the smoker
2 hours wrapped in foil witha spritz of applejuice
1 hour back on the smoker last 20 minutes with sauce

I found the reibs to be overdone when i took them out of the foil so I sauced them and only left them on the smoker for another 10-15 minutes

I think i'd be more inclined to put them in my oven at 160-165 and hold them there in a deep foil pan covered with alumunim foil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back