Need Guidance converting Genesis e330 from NG to LP

Hi there!
I'm new to this forum and to forums in general so I'm not sure I'm posting this in the right place. I'm getting ready to convert my Genesis S-310 NG grill to LP by changing the manifold. I don't see burners addressed in the articles I've read. But I would think I may need to change those as well? I'm also unclear on which hose I'll need to connect to the tank when I'm done.
Appreciate any help

Welcome CV

Here is my suggested to-do list.

A) replace the manifold as you are planning

B) buy a hose with regulator at 90 degrees to the tank mount on one end and a 3/8 inch female flare connector on the other.

C) buy a tank hanger / scale from a Genesis Silver B and mount it on the outside of the cart. You might be able one cheaper, or used. but the scale from a Silver B when mounted on the outside will have the decal in the right place.

I would not mount the tank inside for three reasons.
1) you will need to cut a hole in the floor of the cart for the tank to mount properly
2) NG grills do not have a heat shield under the bottom pan
3) its just easier to work with having the tank outside.

I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance.

Welcome. There’s no difference between the burner tubes - once the gas leaves the orifice, it’s not like it remembers anything upstream. The most you’ll have to do is adjust the dampers on the inlet ends to dial in the flame level.

As for the hose, I’m a fan of stainless clad - you’ll never have to worry about varmint damage with those.

The burners are different part numbers, yet I do not see any difference. I would not change the burners yet at the same time I'm not ready to say there is no difference.

The drip pan from LP grills with a tank inside has an additional heat shield. This is an LP E330, but I moved the tank outside

20220928_161557.jpg

Drip pans for NG grills do not have a heat shield.

20211223_195140.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome. There’s no difference between the burner tubes - once the gas leaves the orifice, it’s not like it remembers anything upstream. The most you’ll have to do is adjust the dampers on the inlet ends to dial in the flame level.

As for the hose, I’m a fan of stainless clad - you’ll never have to worry about varmint damage with those.
Thanks so much! Makes sense... Didn't totally think that through

Welcome CV

Here is my suggested to-do list.

A) replace the manifold as you are planning

B) buy a hose with regulator at 90 degrees to the tank mount on one end and a 3/8 inch female flare connector on the other.

C) buy a tank hanger / scale from a Genesis Silver B and mount it on the outside of the cart. You might be able one cheaper, or used. but the scale from a Silver B when mounted on the outside will have the decal in the right place.

I would not mount the tank inside for three reasons.
1) you will need to cut a hole in the floor of the cart for the tank to mount properly
2) NG grills do not have a heat shield under the bottom pan
3) its just easier to work with having the tank outside.

I'll post a pic or two when I get a chance.
Thanks!!

Something else to consider might be to buy a nice factory propane 330, and then sell the one you already have.
Just a thought......

Something else to consider might be to buy a nice factory propane 330, and then sell the one you already have.
Just a thought......
This is good advice,

And @CVoorde , if you can find an LP E330 or S330 with the sear burner it's a solid improvement over the S310.

If you find a black E330 and prefer the SS lid and doors, just swap them, and sell a black E310

Last edited:
This is good advice,

And @CVoorde , if you can find an LP E330 or S330 with the sear burner it's a solid improvement over the S310.

If you find a black E330 and prefer the SS lid and doors, just swap them, and sell a black E310
Dan, I'll bet he either already has the new manifold or at least ordered a new one.

Dan, I'll bet he either already has the new manifold or at least ordered a new one.
What's the bet?

I lose I send you a 98 Platinum 2000.

You lose and you cook a dozen 75% cheeseburgers on that museum piece of yours?

I probably can't afford shipping.

What's the bet?

I lose I send you a 98 Platinum 2000.

You lose and you cook a dozen 75% cheeseburgers on that museum piece of yours?

I probably can't afford shipping.
I'm glad you can't afford the shipping because I'm not cooking anything on that grill! Funny, I was wondering how much I could sell it for the other day. I probably couldn't get enough to make me part with it, but I thought about it.

I do wish shipping wasn't so bad because I really would like to at least have the lid from that grill. I have a pristine black lid from a 1997 1000 LX to trade.

OP there is no difference in the burners. Gas does not care which burner is there, though the only thing I could see perhaps a SLIGHT difference in might be the lighting port area. LP, being slightly more dense than NG may have a tiny bit difference there. Otherwise slap in a new manifold (glad you're not falling for the orifice sheisters), get a GOOD regulator. Be mindful that many here have reported getting a flame thrower after buying an Amazon regulator. If it says "1 psi" on it DO NOT use or buy it. LP grills run at a 11" WC which is just under .4 psi so if a regulator claims to be for grills and is a 1 psi it will turn your grill into a dangerous blow torch as it will be pressurizing the system to over twice what it should be

Back