need a goog BBQ sauce recipe to finish my pork butt

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Griffin:
[qb] Does anyone have a good BBQ sauce recipe for pork butt? (vinegar base) [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>For Eastern NC-style pulled pork, I use the
following finishing sauce:

1 Cup white vinegar
1 Cup cider vinegar
1 Tbs turbinado sugar
1 Tbs red pepper flakes
1 Tbs Tabasco
1 tsp kosher salt
cracked pepper to taste (maybe 1/2 tsp)

You could probably get by with something even simpler, with just vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes. That's the direction I'm heading in.

-Richard

Richard - Thanks for the recipe. I tried it and loved it. Just what I was looking for. I've never used a vinegar base before. Loved it - nice tang with a kick! Very easy as well.

Thank again

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Griffin:
[qb] Richard - Thanks for the recipe. I tried it and loved it. Just what I was looking for. I've never used a vinegar base before. Loved it - nice tang with a kick! Very easy as well.

Thank again [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, I'm glad it worked out! I grew up in Raleigh, NC, but I've been away for too many years. Lately, I've tried to reproduce the great pulled pork I remember from my youth. Growing up, we used to have pig pickin's down at Lake Waccamaw, and I remember that my uncle used a very simple finishing sauce, so I keep cutting things from my recipe, with good results. I'm focusing more on smoke, temperature, and time these days, and keeping rubs and sauces as simple as possible.

Once I get pulled pork perfected, I'll move on to Brunswick stew! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back