Need a cover for my vintage Weber

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi all. Been a while. Hey can anyone point me toward a cover for my vintage silver A ? Everything I can find is way too tall. I feel like 36” would be max or it’ll be touching the deck like an old curtain. I’ve got the original but it’s shrunk so bad I can barely get it on or off.
IMG_1217_Original.jpeg

I just had one made custom to fit my new purchase.
Custom cover made by a buddy I know, but you could find someone to do it easily I would think.
Look for a custom vinyl shop, they would have different materials you could choose from I would hope.
Mine came made like the A/C cover he made for me...same material....A/C cover is now 23 years old and just needs to be washed to be like new again.
Just a suggestion, I don't know what is available in your neck of the woods.

If you have a BJ's warehouse club, try them. That's where I got the covers for my Genny Silver B and Performer a few years ago and they're holding up strong. Look up the dimensions for your grill, and buy the one that's closest in fit. I don't remember the brand, but they've held up nicely. I have a custom cover for the WSM, from "Covers and All" that I purchased in 2022 for ~ $70.00. It's extremely well made, heavy duty and has not faded or stiffened up. They make covers for everything.

Frank,
I like the older Heavy Duty genuine Weber Covers with the vented mesh openings. They are much thicker than most covers.

There is one right now over on e-bay. It's an older early 2000s cover but brand new in the box. Search out Weber 9855 cover.

Jeff

I have a later Silver A model, which is about three inches taller, and still not very tall. My solution was a cardboard box that fits on top between the end caps and about the same measurement front to back as the top surface. Once I found the right size, I just put it on top of the cap before putting on the cover. It's not much trouble and allows for a little more air under the cover. The hardest part was finding the right box!

Frank,
I like the older Heavy Duty genuine Weber Covers with the vented mesh openings. They are much thicker than most covers.

There is one right now over on e-bay. It's an older early 2000s cover but brand new in the box. Search out Weber 9855 cover.

Jeff
Do you know where to find an original cover for a Weber Genesis 2000? I have an original cover for my 1000 and it is thick and awesome. I would like to get one to fit my Genesis 2000. An original cover.

Check out King Kong covers on Amazon. Maybe they’ll have a size that works for your grill. Just replaced one that was 7 years old on my 14 year old E-310. Better quality than the Weber. Many sizes to choose from. Weber covers only lasted me 2-3 years here in the Northeast.

Actually it appears to me that you have a really nice Spirit 500 made in the early 90s. Virtually the same size and shape as a Silver A, with the same internals.
Yes. I always call it a silverA and it is a spirit 500. I keep forgetting that. I bought it a few years ago and that keeps slipping my mind. Thanks.

Back