NCAA - Final - 4 racks of side ribs

Darren H

TVWBB Member
Hello folks...

Currently doing 4 racks of side ribs on the WSM. Using the stoker to control the cook from start to finish...I am keep the temps at 225F grate throughout the entire cook. Going to see how long it takes these ribs to cook at that temp. Basting every hour after the first 3 hrs. Put these babies on at 12pm and expecting them to come off by 7-ish.. Let them sit just in time for the Tip off at 9:15pm...

Can't wait!!...

P.S... GO GATORS!!!

DarrenH

hello folks...

the four racks of ribs tunred out great. Yanked them off the WSM at 8pm which make total time for cook - 8 hrs. Temperature was kept at a solid 225F.

Mary... I curled the ribs up so they would fit on the WSM grills..top and bottom. Used Royal Oak Lump this time with a 3/4 full ring. After the cook, I had about 1/8 of fuel left over...

I just love the WSM with the clay saucer mod and stoker!!

Darren H

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darren H:... WSM with the clay saucer mod </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would you describe this mod, again. What size saucer, where purchased, what type waterpan used and what parts are foiled. Sounds like you were able to use the lower cooking grate without a radiant heat probl ?

Paul

Hello Paul....

The clay saucer that I use is 14.5" in diameter and I wrap it on foil and place it inside the water pan. The water pan is a std WSM. All temps both at top and bottom grate were kept solid. You will not be disappointed with this mod.I purchased mine at Broadway Gardens locally in St.Catharines,Ontario,Canada.
Only the clay saucer was covered with foil.

Thanks,

Darren H

Back