Nashville Q?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

The family's headed to Nashville here in a few days. Any recommendations on BBQ restaurants in or around Music City? And, on a side note, do you know if the Bass Pro Shop there carries the Brinkman water pans, or is that something that they only offer online or in select stores?

Darl, don't know about the que, but I have a possible solution for the water pan. If you see the Brinkman on the BS website, just email or call the store that you will be visiting and ask them. If they carry them in the BS system, then see if they will ship one to the store for you to pick up. I just did this w/ a Lodge dutch oven in Charlotte. Just happened that they had 2 in stock and held them for me at customer service. All this was done via email. Hope this helps,

I visited Nashville for the first time last summer. My wife has family down there so I asked one of her uncle's to take me to real BBQ joint. He took me to a place called Jack's BBQ. I thought it was pretty good. Actually that is the only real BBQ joint I've ever been to seeing as I'm just getting into it and I live in North central Ohio and there just aren't any good places around. Anyway I know there's one downtown in the business district but the one we ate at was on the outskirts of the city. Those are the only two locations I believe. They had ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken, turkey and sausage. Also offered beans, mac and cheese, corn bread and other sides. Good luck.

Daryl, They have a Corky's in Nashville. Don't know if you wanted to try a chain outfit. Q wasn't bad when I went . They give you the option of dry or wet ribs

I live just south of Nashville, and unless there is a place I don't know about, your pretty much SOL for really good BBQ in Nashville. Beleive it or not Nashville is a party town (country music town at the least). If you're into live music you can find any type of music any night of the week. For a southern city Nashville is a BBQ wastland IMHO. The best Q joint anywhere close to Nashvegas is Lawlers in Lewisburg, but that's 50 miles south. Pretty country out there though (I live near Lewisburg).

If you get a chance go to the Loveless Cafe, it's great food and a historical mecca. Also Prince's Hot chicken is popular. There is good food in Nashville, and it's a very fun town, but not a BBQ paradise for sure.

Back