Nada on the butt rub ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Howdy everyone. First post here. I recently received a WSM and have used it twice now. It is absolutely great. I used an offset before the arival of the WSM. I was really just curious though, is there anyone out there besides me that doesn't put any rub, marinade, brine or anything on their pork butt for smoking ? Just the pork and the smoke for me. Not even any salt. Thats the way it tastes best... to me anyway. But who knows, I'm probably nuts. ;-)

Mark

I use a rub but I dont flip, turn, or move my meat from start to finish. I lift the lid twice, once to put meat on and once to take off. Everyone has their own methods, there is no wrong way. Do what you like.

Fitz, everyone has their own way, although, the majority of the folks do use some kind of rub. I prefer the Texas BBQ rub #1 on my pork butts!

But whatever you like is the right thing for you!

Fitz,
I recently read an article, somewhere on the web about ould time Q'ers. The Quote I remember was "I don't put nuthin' on my meat, I just let the smoke do all the talkin'".

I have been thinking about doing some ribs and a butt with nothin' but the smoke myself !!

I might add a little salt and pepper though.

Al

Thanks for the replies folks. I was just curious if it was a popular method. I love the quote Al, "... I just let the smoke do all the talkin." I'm gonna have to start using that one. ;-)

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back