Naan Pizza

Robert McGee

TVWBB Gold Member
Continuing to work with my elevated Pizza stone, I decided to use some commercial Indian Naan Flat Bread for the base. It comes two to a package, about individual pizza size already baked.

I applied the toppings (three kinds of pizza cheese, Hormel thin sliced pepperoni, banana peppers and black olives over pizza sauce. It only took about four minutes before it was ready.

The pizza looked good and the topping combination worked well. However, the crust was about as flavorful as cardboard. It was not terrible but will NOT make the cut:

PaanPizzagrilled-1227_1600x1200.jpg

In the future, I will be using Tombstone basic cheese pizza for the base (then add fresh toppings) for a "quick and dirty" pizza but for general use I will be using either frozen pizza dough or making my own.

Just a "heads up"...

P.S. I just warmed up two left over chicken legs to fill up on. The pizza pan was merely used as a tray. I did the pizza on the elevated pizza stone.

By the way, also is pictured my new Weber Work Table for my OTG 22.5" grill. Man, is that a worthwhile addition! I HIGHLY recommend.

Dale53

B Krikalo;
That's correct! I dug the package out of the garbage (in the interest of informing myself
icon_biggrin.gif
). It is "Stonefire" America's best selling Naan!

In SriLanka, a similar product is called Paan. My bad!

Thanks for the correction. I have made the necessary changes.

At any rate, it's probably just fine for the uses it was intended but came up short as a Pizza bread.

Dale53

I make Naan pizza all the time, I like it because you dont have to "par-heat" the dough, and there is no stretching

Using flat bread for "pizza" is like using an English Muffin. Not to say it isn't good, quick, or convenient but it no way is it pizza.
Believe me: I've eaten my fair share of english muffin pizzas so I'm no snob. Just saying.
BTW/ Robert, would love to have one of your "pizzas" right now!

Back