My pork butt video

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Melman:
Why does the first butt appear almost an ash gray in the "Been cookin' 12 hours" picture? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's a great question. Perhaps it has something to do with the lighting/flash and the wetness of the butts just after basting.

Pizza Pie?

Need a pork butt song!
icon_biggrin.gif

Maybe Jim, Bill, Kevin and Rita can form a group and call themselves the Butt Singers?
icon_eek.gif

Great film! It would be even better if you had a musical score next time or sound effects. Clearly, you are technologically savvy. Welcome to the site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Petrone:
Probably the all time best FIRST post ! ! ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
lol. I'm not sure if this is blatant sarcasm or a serious post :P Either way, thank you, Steve, for all your contributions to this great forum. I had excellent results with the "willy wonderful" rub.

Mike: thanks for the kind words. I agree -- there are many things I could do to make it better. My intent was to spend as little time as possible on it, but still make it presentable.

To any who are curious, on my previous cook I followed three different rubs/techniques.
(1) Authentic "Mr. Brown" (Chris's tutorial).
(2) Mr. Brown basted with only apple juice.
(3) "...slathered in mustard" w/ armadillo willy's rub (Chris's tutorial), basted with southern sop.

Out of those three, most preferred the armadillo willy's rub because it has less black pepper (although the southern sop added some heat!)

For THIS cook, I tested out Steve's "willy wonderful" rub, basted only with apple juice, and I must say, this pork is the best I've done so far. I took one butt to 190F, and the other to 193F to see if it made any difference. The 193F was super tender, although I'm not sure the extra cooking time was discernible.

Wow!! LOL big time !! Perfect choice of music. Although, I had envisioned Strauss' waltz. Too funny! Although this is a serious site, who doesn't like a good laugh..
icon_smile.gif
Thanks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Waid:
Nice job Nick, did you use Pinnacle to make this vid?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually I used the standard windows movie maker.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe Jim, Bill, Kevin and Rita can form a group and call themselves the Butt Singers? Eeker </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The video is great, but Joseph! For goodness' sake! I can't vouch for Jim, Bill, and Kevin's dulcet tones, but please be careful what you ask for! Talk about nails on a chalkboard!
icon_frown.gif
Double eek!
icon_eek.gif
icon_eek.gif

Rita

Great Job Nick,

I've always wanted to do something like this but have never gotten around to it. I have a co-worker who wants to show him how to take the membrane off ribs and thought a movie would be the way to go. Anyway - great job.

Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom Adams:
Great Job Nick,

I've always wanted to do something like this but have never gotten around to it. I have a co-worker who wants to show him how to take the membrane off ribs and thought a movie would be the way to go. Anyway - great job.

Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris has a video of that procedure here. Go the section called "Removing The Membrane".

Back