My platinum Series I has too much flare up

Gary S Smith

TVWBB Fan
I have had two platinum series I for over 15 years and they have been great. However, for the past six months one of them has been flareing up way too much. I have burned it off many times and cleaned the drip tray often. I still get lots of flare ups with almost everything I cook.
Last night I cooked on the second one and guess what NO flare up. But using the same thermometer the temps were the same as on the first one.

Any thoughts?

Have you checked to see if maybe the burners need replacing? If so it is a simple fix and a lot cheaper than buying a new grill.

Lee
Thanks, not only have I not checked them but I even have a spare set if needed. Will check them as soon as this great rain stops and It drys out.
Gary

Well I took her apart today and although I didn't find anything really wrong-- Brushed the burners to be sure the holes ware all open (no cracks), cleaned all of the flavoriser bars on bench grinder with medium crimped wheel (both outside and inside, degreased the bottom tray and the grease catcher. Put it all together and put the grates on then covered them with foil and burned on high for 20 min. Cooled off and then scraped all the white ash off, rotate grills 180 and repeated the process. Then took them to the grinder for a bit of touch up on the ends which didn't get as hot as the rest of it.

After all this I then took it apart and wiped each part with old towel and then reassembled it one more time.
Tomorrow will get some beef and see if it will render the fat and cook it med rare as it used to.

I can't really get too unhappy as she turned 20 years this month.

Back