My Old Kingford is Gone - What Now?

John Vale

TVWBB Fan
I now have to choose a new fuel. The comments I have read here about the new Kingford are not encouraging.

My inclination is to try Royal Oak lump because it is readily avaiable at the local Wal-Mart.

I have not used lump before. I like starting the fire with the Minion method and use a BBQ Guru (which I love) for temperature control.

Any suggestions based on your post old Kingford experience would certainly be welcome.

John

I too have switched to lump only because I really didn't like the aroma of the Kingsford. I have been using Royal Oak lump and have been very happy. I still have 6 bags of tha "old" Kingsford left that I use for starting the Minion. I use about 18 briquets per cook so that should last a long time. When that runs out, I think the new Kingsford will be just fine for starting the cook.

I also use a Guru. Gotta love it !!!!

Al

Royal oak also w/Guru. If I would ever get off my butt and do a 40 minute drive, I would get some Humphries lump which is what I prefer.

I switched to Royal Oak Lump as well (no Guru or Stoker YET, but Father's Day is coming
icon_smile.gif
). Haven't done an overnight with it yet, but have done meatloaf, beer can chickens, and have spareribs on today. I typically fill the ring and then use 1/4 chimney of lump to fire it up. Very pleased with the control of the heat and very little ash at all. Might have to give the remaining bag of new Kinsgford to the neighbor with the ECB
icon_biggrin.gif

Back