My "new" Red SS Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
I've been looking around for a SS Performer for a little while but haven't had any luck. Until last night when I saw a CL listing for a red SS in the Naperville area. I sent an email and got a return email with a phone number to call. I talked to the seller who was selling this for his brother in law. Based on the pictures, it looked great. The seller told me he replaced the cooking grate, one touch, ignitor, thermometer and propane valve. He also touched up two small spots on the front of the bowl and cleaned it up. All stuff I would have had to do. I headed out to West Chicago to take a look. Bottom line, I got it in outstanding shape. Here's some pictures:

So I got lucky and found a great grill which was cleaned up and restored by a great seller, who by the way, has had some experence with older Weber's. He's presently working on a red 26" which he picked up in Milwaukee a few weeks ago. And I also got to see a pretty sweet Weber collection.

Thanks Jeff!

I'll be cooking on it tonight and will post some pictures.

thats the only performer i want. may never get one around here though
icon_frown.gif

That's a real beaut! Why was your your brother inlaw parting with it Jeff? I help my family members up with Weber deals and clean them up sometimes too.

yeah it was. I picked it up for him a few years ago. I was pretty nice then, and he took pretty good care of it. He decided he preferred gas...so he was willing to let this one go. I'm glad it went to a good home AND a member on here. Keepin it in the "family" so to say!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Hey mark yours looks a little better than the one I got a few weeks ago.
icon_wink.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Brian - I would not know what to do with that grill. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you get it back together.

Even if you paid full current retail for that, you got a great deal. Glad you found it! Very nice performer

Sweet looking grill! It is nice to find a grill you really want, and as a bonus, the seller has taken good care of it so it doesn't take a frame-off restoration to get it back to working condition. Congrats.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
thats the only performer i want. may never get one around here though
icon_frown.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

George, I thought the same way you did for several years, as I was looking for an SS Performer in my area and none were to be had at all. Couldn't afford one when they were new, the few I did see were snapped up as soon as they hit CL, or they weren't what I was looking for. I really thought that I missed out on one when one showed on CL up early on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago for $85. It was gone before sundown, and I didn't see it until Monday morning. I was not happy that I missed it, but it made me pay more attention to online postings, both here and on CL. Fortunately the one I found was posted here and I happened to be in the right place at the right time and finally got one.

Keep looking, be patient and willing to wait for just the right deal to come along. It will.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian O'Neal:
Jim you got any pics of your new find? I'd like to see it.

Brian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Absolutely.

new green Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back