My "new" Red performer CL Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary got those brackets free from Weber but they no longer make them. Gary gave me one of those brackets for free when I was restoring my Red Performer and I greatly appreciated it. I didn't know that he didn't post on here anymore.

I painted the one Gary gave me and I make sure to wipe off the ashes after each time I grill so hopefully it will last for quite a few years. I would also be interested in buying a couple of brackets if Terry's guy ends up making some.

Wayne

My first guy flaked out on me. I found a new one that does great work. He will cut them out on a CNC machine and then bend them into shape. He needs a mininum of 20 to keep the price at $10. He can also make them out of stainless steel for twice as much. I need some guarnteed buys before i spend that much money. I told him " I will noy accept shoddey work so if there not right i will not pay him ". so if your interested email me at ribbonesbbq at gmail dot com. thanks

Im Baaaaaack. Yes its been awhile since I have posted.But frequent here. I saw my old thread so I had to respond. I did order from WEBER. I think they make a few here and there. I am not sure if they totally quit making this bracket or maybe once or twice a year the manufacture the older parts for the older models.

Originally posted by terry rayburn:
shuold nave added thats $10 each plus shipping

Will they be exact matches for the part they are replacing? If so, I'll take four of them (will send email to you as well).

Bill

I will take 2 for sure. Just make sure they are the same thickness. I know that it is kinda tight when you install them so if the thickness isn't right it may or may not fit correctly.

on the performer i just picked up, the ash catcher bowl and ring do not seem to work well. the ring looks misshapen. i believe mine is an '02 with code DU. the ring has the metal tabs that go up into the leg hole openings to secure it in place.

is this the original ring it came with? if so, im thinking it got bent up somehow. which ash catcher ring would i need to buy and does weber currently stock it?

lastly, which performers use these older style rings with the brackets?

i'll definitely order one of these fabricated brackets if it is what i need. thanks.

The brackets just arrived and I've already installed one. The one I had was badly rusted and on it's last leg. So the entire assembly was shakey and loose. Now it's a nice firm fit. Thanks for getting this done, Terry.

Bill

Terry, I'll take two if there are any left. What are the payment and shipping arrangements.

You can email me at smitty881 (at) bellsouth.net.

Thank you,

Pat

Does Weber still sell the ash ring and buckets? I bought an old master-touch but it didn't come with anything except for the one-touch ash sweeper. If I can buy the additional parts needed then I would def. get a couple of these brackets too.

My Master-Touch is from 1991, looks like they sell only rings for 2000 or later models. I have to look into how to fit this ring onto older models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back