My new Genesis Silver C

Maybe the lid that happened with was already scratched up before cleaning it? I don't understand how steel can cause no problems but plastic can .... I believe you that it happened, I just can't for the life of me make sense of it!

Just try it once. But make sure it's on something you don't care about. I don't get it either but believe me I have done a total number on a lid. On my porcelain stove top as well

That's the thing, I have scrubbed away with green scrubbies on Genesis lids and had no problems. I typically go from gentle to harsh, and consider green scrubbie to be an increment less harsh than fine steel wool. Are you talking about a regular old green scrub pad, not something attached to a drill or a power tool or anything right? Just hand scrubbing with a green pad? The worst I've ever done with those in my life was create some clean spots on formica countertops. Porcelain I have never harmed with a green scrubby and elbow grease.

That's the thing, I have scrubbed away with green scrubbies on Genesis lids and had no problems. I typically go from gentle to harsh, and consider green scrubbie to be an increment less harsh than fine steel wool. Are you talking about a regular old green scrub pad, not something attached to a drill or a power tool or anything right? Just hand scrubbing with a green pad? The worst I've ever done with those in my life was create some clean spots on formica countertops. Porcelain I have never harmed with a green scrubby and elbow grease.
Yes a regular old ScotchBrite pad. I have severely damaged porcelain with them. Pans, stove tops, oven interior, you name it. I am amazed you cannot see the damages. BTW I would never take anything attached to a machine to a piece of porcelain. IIRC others here have noted the same thing. I think I have an undamaged (faded but not damaged) side panel here. Maybe I will take a green scrubber and try to photograph the damages

Quick question - is there a secret way to get the grease off the side tables? I tried scrubbing the hell out of it and it is not coming off.

What Bruce said. Bleach works like magic on the gray thermoset tables.

I usually use 50/50 water/bleach and 0000 steel wool. But you can bump it up to 100% bleach if need be.

Just make sure you wear old clothes and work far away from anything that could get damaged. A drop of bleach that strong will discolor pretty much anything instantly.

Maybe the lid that happened with was already scratched up before cleaning it? I don't understand how steel can cause no problems but plastic can .... I believe you that it happened, I just can't for the life of me make sense of it!

Larry knows what he's talking about. You can go completely crazy on the porcelain lid with a razor blade scraper and 0000 steel wool and do no damage.

But beware that scrubbie.

I am just surprised that you can scratch porcelain with a green scrubbie and not a steel wool pad. It isn't worth upsetting anyone, so I'm just going to let it go.

Another thing I don't believe in is scallops. I don't believe those round pieces come out of those little shells. I'm pretty sure Big Fish has us believing that there is a mythical creature called "scallops" and that what they really are is pieces of cod meat scooped with some kind of melon baller type utensil.

Another thing I don't believe in is scallops. I don't believe those round pieces come out of those little shells
Many times what is being sold as scallops are not. They are skate wing punched out to look like scallops. The texture and flavor of skate is nearly identical to scallops. But, honestly IMO the skate wing tastes better :D Take a look online for what a scallop looks like in the wild. They're huge. But all we see is the little abductor muscle as that is what we eat.

Back