My New Ashcroft

Bryan S

TVWBB Olympian
Man this thermo is AWESOME!!! As some of you know, I broke my be-loved 3" face, 6" stem Ashcroft last year when the lid slipped out of my hand, and landed on a container sitting beside the WSM. It was great for the lid that the container was there, really sucked for the Ashcroft as the 6" stem got bent almost in a 90º from the face.
icon_eek.gif
Well I bought a Tel-Tru and been using that, but I really missed my Ashcroft. So about 6 weeks ago I ordered two, I went BIG this time.
icon_biggrin.gif
One with a 5" face, 4" stem for the 18" WSM. The other is a 5" face, 6" stem which I'll use switch back and forth between the 22" WSM and the New Braunfels offset. The 6" stem one is on back order. Here's some pics of the 4" stem Ashcroft. 50º - 550º in 5º incriments.
I love their slogan on the box:
ASHCROFT Industrial Theremometers
"To Be Sure That What You Read Is Right"

KEQJO-Ashcroft002.jpg

DLMVW-Ashcroft001.jpg

CQPCM-Ashcroft003.jpg

Originally posted by LDThornton:
5" would be perfect for my tired old eyes.
Yes, it's very easy on my tired eyes. That was the main reason for the large face, and cause it looks cool too.
icon_biggrin.gif

Bryan, Size doesn't count... Of course the only people that say that are one's that... oh never mind!

Wow Bryan that looks great, love that big dial. Is that the EL model? I think I may have to get one next year.

Originally posted by Ken_K:
Is that the EL model?
Ken, Yes it is the EL model. I bought them from here, just click on Distribution, then Ashcroft, then click on purchase to select dial size, stem length, and mounting.

Bryan with regard to mounting, I'm not too keen on drilling holes, so would this thermo work just as well stuck through then vent like I currently do with my deep-fry thermo?

Originally posted by tjkoko:
Which model is yours and is it liquid filled?

Thanks,
-T

Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken_K:
Is that the EL model?
Ken, Yes it is the EL model. I bought them from here, just click on Distribution, then Ashcroft, then click on purchase to select dial size, stem length, and mounting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
tjkoko, I posted this upthread for Ken. No it's not liquid filled. That would be nice though.

Back