My Genesis Gold B Resto

Well I got caught up today prepping my driveway for seal-coating tomorrow and didn't have time to paint or reassemble the cleaned up manifold. Any kind of painting is always 90% prep...

Then I had to go over the inlaws and grill some steaks... Fortunately I store my cheapo Nexgrill offset there for cookouts. I did 3lbs of skirt steak with chimmichurri sauce per request of my better half. I wish I had a Weber kettle to cook on, but I digress...

I'm going to pull the tang gauge off to clean behind it, and I think I might just keep it as is for now. I found the other piece of the gauge label in my driveway and laughed when it stuck back on. I'll take some pics in the AM. I see there are replacements available on Amazon. I'm not expecting to make this thing look perfect, but I'll decide if I want to get a new one after I finish the box and frame.

I got this (pic attached) from Harbor Freight, but I also saw they had twisted wire cups. I assume the crimped one is better for surface work, and the twisted one would bite deeper. I plan on using it for the inside of the cookbox, and maybe a little more on the frame.

I like the idea of using gray composite deck planks to rebuild the tray.

The grates and bars that I have are quite servicable, and I'm debating on whether or not to even bother replacing them. I was pleased with how clean the grates were after a single hit of oven cleaner and a pressure wash. I really don't know what my goal is with this, but I think I'll have a better idea when the box and frame are cleaned up.

Do you guys use anything other than barkeeper's friend to clean up the Stainless Steel and the knob panel?
The twisted ones are very aggressive. I wouldn't use one, but if you do, be careful.

Back