My first ever indirect cook on Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

I wanted to keep it simple, being the first time and health reasons....down in my back, so I stuffed some green peppers, threw on some cabbage with buttery sweet and sour sauce drizzled over it.
smoke3.jpg
All in all, I think it turned out great and tasted awesome. Fixed with baked beans and baked pots in the oven. I wasn't real sure if I had too much charcole in my holders or not. I lit only the top coles, and threw a small block of oak on top each one. Temp was holding at 280, so I put every on at 11:30 on and shut the bottom down....checked in 20 mins and still 280. Top vent was only open a VERY small amount, so I closed it off and after about 15 mins., it held 250 till about 2:15 when I checked, then it was 220.....I looked and needed a few coals so added 4 to each one, and one more little block of oak....went back up, but only to 230 for the next 2 hours
icon_confused.gif
....but I wasn't too worried about that temp, as every thing was pretty much done....took off at 4:30.....hubby was amazed
icon_biggrin.gif
, and he loved the cabbage. I love the oak smoke and have lots in the garage....hubby used to have a door shop. What are some statistics on amounts of charcole to start with???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back