my first brisket

Dave Golly

TVWBB Member
been putting off doing a low and slow brisket for a few months , anyway judge for yourself suggestions welcome
P1020197-Copy.jpg

P1020198.jpg

P1020199-Copy.jpg

P1020203.jpg

P1020204.jpg

P1020208.jpg

P1020210.jpg

P1020211.jpg

Very nice plate Dave and it looks really juicy. I'd say you did VERY good. I'm with Bob, did you use any rub or sauce?

Nice work. (Where's NSW, by the way?)

The photos make it appear that you sliced with the grain vs. against it. You might want to turn your brisket 90 degrees and try cutting against the grain. Many of us find it makes for a more tender bite.

The photos make it appear that you sliced with the grain vs. against it. You might want to turn your brisket 90 degrees and try cutting against the grain. Many of us find it makes for a more tender bite.

Looks to me like it had a small point and that's the end we see sliced, grain can run different directions in the point and flat.

nsw is a state in australia, sydney is the capital i live about 1 hour drive north of sydney

Back