my best steak yet

Chris Smith

TVWBB Fan
For my birthday my girlfriend took me to a local butcher to pick out some prime ribeyes to grill at home. The butcher keeps the prime in the back, so he brought out a side and cut them to order. I asked for 1.5" but they were 1.75" thick upon further inspection at home. Terrible problem to have!

This may be sacrilegious to some of you, but I marinated them in Dale's low sodium before grilling them up on the Performer to a PERFECT medium rare. 4 minutes/side over lump and probably 10 minutes indirect to get them up to 125F before pulling them off and foiling to rest. The flavor was just incredible.

I'm glad butchers are making a comeback. Their price for prime ribeyes was the same as Costco...$15.99/lb and having them cut to order is so nice. For those in the Roswell/Kennesaw area, please go to the Butcher's Market on 92. It's like a Christmas wonderland for grillers.

bday%252520dinner2.JPG

Looks PERFECT to me. And having a great meat source is the key. A good steak cooked bad is still good. A bad steak grilled good is still bad.

Great looking steaks. Several years ago I got 2" thick porterhouses (tail on) cut from the Grand Champion Charveloix from the Canadian National Exhibition. Best steak I ever grilled or ate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">For my birthday my girlfriend took me to a local butcher to pick out some prime ribeyes to grill at home. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
She's a keeper! Great lookin' steaks too.

I wish that butcher was a little closer. I have a great local butcher, but he isn't carrying prime right now. Hopefully that will change.

Much nicer that she took you to a butcher shop, than a steak house that made you wished for a butcher shop. Your girlfriend is a keeper. Happy Birthday!

Back