My 1st Brisket Cook!!!!

Ron Bullock

TVWBB Fan
I bought me a 4.86 pound Flat from my local costco that I plan on putting in my WSM Thursday night. I bought a flat instead of the whole packer just incase somehting goes wrong I won't mess up that big piece of meat!!lol I plan on using a mustard slather w/ a basic rub that I have. I'll post pics of the cook. Everyone wish me luck!!!! Any tips are greatly appreciated!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Good luck!

My UPS man was here a few hours ago. Dropped off my newest additon ($205 from Amazon)! Gonna go home to assemble the unit, drink a beer, and grill a steak on the kettle!

Will be following suit with brisket Friday!

The best advice that I can give is a brisket is done when it is done. Not when the thermometer says it's done.

To translate that, when the brisket reaches 180 it is no longer necessecary to check the temp. Take the thermometer and use it as the tester. When the thermometer goes into the brisket like it would go into a stick of butter that has been sitting out for hours the brisket is done. Don't leave it on long afterwards either. Once it reaches that tender stage it starts to dry out.

It took me a while to take this into practice but I like my results better since I have started using this method.

I got on 6 slabs of back ribs. Should be ready within the hour.

Back