Multiple Wifi Logins

Nope, just one. The wifi manager is not very sophisticated. The easiest way to switch wifi configurations is to use a USB stick with the wifi config on it to switch it. Others use multiple wifi adapters simultaneously to have both a wifi client and AP mode at the same time.

It is something I'd like to improve, but wifi configuration is already one of the top 3 most common problems people come looking for help with so adding more complexity is probably not a move in the right direction at this time.

So if I have a secondary wifi adapter that works off USB I can plug it in and save login information on that and it will login into the other account then disconnect when I disconnect it?

It has to be in there at boot, but that's what I'm told works. I think people just leave the USB inserted and have both active, and whichever one can connect does. Are you trying to connect to two different available networks, or have two networks so you can change locations and still connect, or have one AP for on the road / client mode for at home? I think the last case there is the most common.

Note that the Wifi configuration when you download the firmware image, and the wifi page under LinkMeter in the webui are only for single networks. To set up multiple you need to use the Network -> Wireless section in the standard LuCI configuration to manage them.

Back