Mr. Brown... success!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Mr. Brown went on the WSM at 8:00 PM last evening. I was think of a 14-16 hour cook and wanted to mop it at least once before I hit the sack.

This was only my second cook on my WSM and I tried sand in the pan this time.

Did the Minion method, full charcoal ring, 20 lit coals on top. Oak and Pecan wood.

The smoker went right up to 250 with no problem whatsoever. I brought it back to 235 after some tinkering. Had to close all but one bottom vent and had the top vent wide open throughout. Put the Maverick on the grate and in the top butt.

Mopped at Midnight, then hit the sack. Awoke at 7:30 to find that I hadn't turned on the alarms on the Maverick. Duh! The smoker temp was 260* and the butt was at 209*. I wanted to remove it at 195*.

But all was well. I removed the butts, foiled them for an hour and they pulled like magic. What a wonderful taste and aroma! I'm so impressed with this WSM. The bark was a little bit hard, but was delicious.

And the Minion method is Awesome! It's like that Showtime Rotisserie info-mercial. "Set it and forget it". Thank you, Jim.

And thanks to everyone else who offers assistance and advice here.

Nutin better than good tastin butt /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ! I am sure all would agree. What size were they? How much did they weigh?

Butt on the top was 6 lbs. Butt on the bottom was 5.5. Nothin' like good Q for breakfast /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I took one to a friend's house and he said it was the best Q he's ever tasted. I can't wait until I do one right. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back