Mounting ET-3

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is there any problem of placing the ET-3 probes under the lip of the smoker top rather than through the upper vent. It seems awkard taking the top off and on with the placement through the top vent. Also any precautions with placing the probes under the lid except for the obvious of trying not to pinch the probe cables.

Harry,

While I don't have that particular probe I have Taylors and thats where I place the probes under the lid. Just be careful when replacing the lid. I always try not to place the lid where the probe and the cable converge.

I've done a few smokes now where I ran the wires for my mavireck underneath the lid. I do notice a very slight amount amount of smoke may come out. But it never effects the temp control or smoke flavor. So I don't worry about it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bruce Bissonnette:
[qb] Good point Dennis, I also get tiny wisps of smoke but I really don't pay attention to that, there is plenty of smoke to go around. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yup! Could'nt agree with you more. I mean the door is'nt exactly air proof either. There's always a little bit of smoke coming from there as well. So I'm no even worried about the stuff coming from the lid.

Hey, Harry,

I always run the probes under the lid. As long as you're careful not to pinch, as you say, you should have no trouble. Don't take my word for it, take Chris's /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif :

Measuring Temp in WSM

--Tom

I used the under lid method of mounting the probes and it worked out fine. No problem with losing the signal in my house. Watching the readout was more interesting than anything on TV these days! It was gratifing to see how well the WSM held temperature and know when to pull the pork butt. Thanks for the advice.
Harry

I've had great success with running the wires through one of the corners of the access door. Using the wire clip I can then hang the transmitter from the lip of the WSM where the lid rests.

The ONLY downside I have had is forgetting to hold the transmitter when removing the lid! Otherwise it is a great fit. No leaks for smoke to escape, no problem with probe wires being too short, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back