Mo's smoking pouch - anyone try it?

Your fabric might work just fine if you could find a way to deal with the edges but I'm not sure how you'd do it easily.

Gloves, a straight edge, and a thin wooden paddle for folding the edges. A hand-operated press brake (apron brake) would be of great help if I had access to one. I would also need a way to fasten the enclosure together.

Gloves, a straight edge, and a thin wooden paddle for folding the edges. A hand-operated press brake (apron brake) would be of great help if I had access to one. I would also need a way to fasten the enclosure together.

fold the sharp edges under, rivet it together, and don't worry about sealing the opening, I don't snap mine shut. Looks like it's been redesigned a little but you won't miss the top.

Just make sure yours isn't galvanized, I have some wire I thought was stainless but it's galv............... not good to cook with.

fold the sharp edges under, rivet it together, and don't worry about sealing the opening, I don't snap mine shut. Looks like it's been redesigned a little but you won't miss the top.

Just make sure yours isn't galvanized, I have some wire I thought was stainless but it's galv............... not good to cook with.

Agreed!

I don't think we ever had any galvanized wire cloth in inventory (unless it was large mesh stuff), but we had quite a bit of alloy and stainless steel. Most of the finer mesh (we had some so fine that water would not pass through it without pressure) had to be non-corrosive to keep from it from clogging up.

Back