More Brisket capacity

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I'm having trouble fitting more than one brisket on a rack. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm talking flats. I use 2 cookers and usually have one loaded up with pork butt and ribs and the other with brisket. As it stands, I'm limited to 2 briskets. I know I could add a shelf but I'd like to add more to an existing rack. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Joe
Columbia, MO

Call me silly but myself I wouldn't put a brisket on it's side if I could. The flat has very little fat as it is. If I had a butt over top basting it, I would want staying on it as long as possible.

If you bought another rack you wouldn't have to permanently attach it to your old one. You could get some heavy guage wire and make a long S hook and hang it from the top or get some metal conduit say 2.5-3 inches diameter cut them roughly 5 inches long and set them on the bottom grate to hold it up. You could probobly get by with 3 of them.

I don't know. I've thought about that but I'm thinking it's too floppy. I don't think the rib rack would provide enough support.

Someone told me that you can have hooks and hang sausages in the wsm. Tell me how you are hanging hooks from the top. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:
Call me silly but myself I wouldn't put a brisket on it's side if I could. The flat has very little fat as it is. If I had a butt over top basting it, I would want staying on it as long as possible.

If you bought another rack you wouldn't have to permanently attach it to your old one. You could get some heavy guage wire and make a long S hook and hang it from the top or get some metal conduit say 2.5-3 inches diameter cut them roughly 5 inches long and set them on the bottom grate to hold it up. You could probobly get by with 3 of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Steve Gomes:
Someone told me that you can have hooks and hang sausages in the wsm. Tell me how you are hanging hooks from the top. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff T Miller:

If you bought another rack you wouldn't have to permanently attach it to your old one. You could get some heavy guage wire and make a long S hook and hang it from the top or get some metal conduit say 2.5-3 inches diameter cut them roughly 5 inches long and set them on the bottom grate to hold it up. You could probobly get by with 3 of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Steve, I think what Jeff is saying to make some hooks to attach to the top cooking grate and this would allow you to hang another cooking grate below the top grate and above the lower grate for a 3 cooking grate setup.
icon_wink.gif

Back