Moisture??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
Gotta Question!?? I just put on 4 8lb Picnics and I have noticed a small puddle underneath of the bottom of the WSM. The moisture is coming out of the vents, it is condensation. I don't think I let the meat stand at room temp long enough before putting it on. Is that a good assumption? Is it going to effect the meat?

I've had the same "puddle" before and I'm not sure if it's from condensation on the meat or condensed water pan vapor. You might also check to see if the meat is touching the sides of the WSM. I haven't noticed any effect on the meat nor have had any problems taking the meat straight from the fridge to the WSM.

Enjoy your cook....I'm banned from cooking pork until our baby arrives in September. Although she's normally a big fan, the commander isn't handling it too well during the pregnancy.

My guess is it's more likely rendered fat or juices somehow finding their way down the inside of the cooker and dripping from a vent. Not unheard of, not of any real concern.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug D:
[qb] My guess is it's more likely rendered fat or juices somehow finding their way down the inside of the cooker and dripping from a vent. Not unheard of, not of any real concern. [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I get that most of the time, but I usually load it up pretty good.

Yeah, I think I have close to the limit of what the WSM can handle. 4 8lbers but I have good air flow. I just think the moisture was due to the meat still being fairly cold!! I am still learning, part of the process! Thanks for everyones help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back