Modified Q1000?

I noticed you mentioned the thermometer might not be factory installed. Is there anything else you can tell me about the thermometer? Is it digital or analog? Any particular reason you think it might not be original?

The Weber Q1000 is a model that didn't originally come with a lid thermometer.

This chart was posted by Mark us over a decade ago, but is a good guide to different Weber Q models.
Weber Q comparison chart
There may be a more updated version somewhere on this site or on Weber.com

The seller mentioned that they "added thermometer to fine tune their grilling"
Weber built in thermometers are not the most reliable. Many people replace the Weber ones with better quality thermometers like Tel-Tru.

I have added additional grate level Tel-Tru thermometer on both of my Weber kettles.
It's an easy and inexpensive mod to upgrade Weber grills.
M0Q6jOi.jpeg
Either way, if the thermometer works then it shouldn't be a concern.

Last edited:
Adding image of Weber Q comparison.
US recently released the Weber Q2800+ (replacing the Q3200) its larger than 2200 & has an additional burner.
$125.00 for a Weber Q isn't a bad deal.
You can also check FB marketplace for a newer version.
I found a Red Weber Q 2200 for 130.00 in Hartford,CT
The Weber Q is an amazing little gas grill.
BvdccO6.jpeg

Last edited:
Ed, That is what I use the built in thermometers for as well. Even with a precision therm on a grill lid, you are measuring the temps where the therm is, not down by the meat. I just use it as an indicator of what the grill is doing. Both on Q's and Genesis grills.

I've thought about adding one to my 100 for just that reason, and those Tel Tru's are easier to read as well. Glad I found and restored my 320 as it has amazing grilling room. I'm thinking Ed's positioning of his rather than more on top.

I've thought about adding one to my 100 for just that reason, and those Tel Tru's are easier to read as well. Glad I found and restored my 320 as it has amazing grilling room. I'm thinking Ed's positioning of his rather than more on top.
A Q-320 was my first Weber, it’s such a great grill. I do veggies on mine every week. Just did these last night.IMG_7479.jpeg

Honestly in many ways I think the Q as a dedicated veggie grill is close to it's highest calling. They do remarkable work on that task

I was thinking the same thing Larry. I like to cook my meats on my Genesis and use a Q for my Asparagus or whatever. The close grates make it good that way for veggies as well.

Back