Moderately good meal

Charles Howse

TVWBB Wizard
We did Rib-Eyes, Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob, grilled Asparagas, and Sauteed Pepper, Onion, Mushrooms, garlic tonight.

We had never had raw Asparagas, it was...different, but good. Did it a la Paula Deen...EVOO, garlic, lemon zest, and paprika mixed and painted on the spears, seasoned to taste with S & P.
This was the first time I had grilled corn in the husk. It turned out ok, not great, but ok.

Biggest disappointment was the Angus Rib-eyes.
I cooked them just med-rare, like I wanted, but they were kinda tough. I know how to pick a good piece of meat, but you never know, I guess.

LOTS of pictures of my day here.

Try just marinating the asparagus in some Italian dressing before grilling sometime. It's usually a big hit when we have company.

The food looks great and great music selection too. I like my asparagus rubbed with a little oil and kosher salt and the grilled over high heat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike Hartwell:
There are laws against drugging poor, defenseless animals.
Much better to pamper them and buy them their own freakin' furniture. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike...If there are any drugs being used around here...I can ASSURE YOU that the animals aren't getting them.
icon_cool.gif

As for their own personal furniture, when they start contributing to the budget, I'll start considering that.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back