Moccamaster people please stand up

JohnTak

TVWBB Pro
Please tell me why I need a Moccamaster. I know it has a 5 year warranty, is hand made and has perfect temperature, also which carafe is preferred glass or stainless insulated. Thanks

Please tell me why I need a Moccamaster. I know it has a 5 year warranty, is hand made and has perfect temperature, also which carafe is preferred glass or stainless insulated. Thanks
I was close to posting the same question. My old drip is on its last legs.

Also, do these go on sale? And what stores should I watch for deals?

Watch their web site. They even have rebuilt ones they sell at great price with great warranty. Stupid me I didn't know that. I got mine from FleaBay. Was like new, literally only used a few times. People said they liked French Press better. So it came still in it's new packing, and nearly all the sample filters still with it as well as the full box of 100 they send with a new machine.
One low point I have is the carafe does not keep coffee as hot as it's looks would promise. I have also an OXO, Barista maker. Honestly? That thing makes as good or even slightly better coffee but, they don't hold up. OXO had to replace my entire machine and 2 pots due to leaking. Weird they can't get it right. But they do as the Moccamaster does and give you great coffee.

Thanks Jay. I'll post my questions in that thread as it makes a very good read. I was watching it unfold before but lost track of it.
Would recommend watching Nordstrom Rack website too. They clearance certain Moccamaster models occasionally for $200 or so.

Let me chime in as another fan of the Technivorm Moccamaster. I love mine. Have the glass carafe although the steel insulated carafe with insulation looks good too. I bought mine from Seattle Coffee works. Would buy again. I love drip coffee and this machine delivers the best at a great temperature.

Back