MMmmmmMMmmm. I'm not usually one to brag.....

Jeff Rutledge

especially being new on this forum, but I do believe I just grilled the best Hamburger known to man. I used the "Grill Lover's cookbook" silver edition, and made a burger called "Holy Guacamole Burger". Wow, were these burgers and the fixings just unbelievable.

I would have never thought in a million years to use guacamole, and roasted garlic in mayonaise as a combination, in addition to a Tex-Mex Rub on the burger and even more roasted garlic in the burger as a combination, but wow did that combo work together. Add garden tomatoes and onion, and whooohooo, I was in heaven.

Now I'm curious if anyone else here has ever tried this burger, and if not, I'll be happy to share the recipe. I don't think you'll be sorry if you try this....

Jeff it sounds like you nailed it.

But please take some pictures so we can get excited with you
icon_wink.gif

And post that recipe
icon_smile.gif

Glad you had a successful cook.

My wife is an avocado nut. Guacamole burgers would be right up her alley. Please post the recipe and some pictures!

Too late on the pictures, I didn't even think to do that. I have pictures of past smokes, but that just won't do for this thread.

First thing you have to do is make up your favorite guacamole dip. I used the recipe from the book, but I like the way I make it better. Although in place of the garlic, the recipe called for roasted garlic, which was new to me. It gives it a much sweeter tasted (the garlic that is.)

Roasted Garlic on this recipe is:
1 whole garlic bulb
1 tsp. Canola Oil
1 small rosemary sprig (optional) I used this..
Salt & pepper to taste.

Cut 1/2 off the top of garlic bulb so individual cloves are exposed;

place on a 8" x 8" square of aluminum foil.
place herb sprig across bulb, and add the oil to the cut end. wrap the bulb and grill on high heat for 40 minutes, turning occasionally.

Recipe continued:

2/3 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp lemon juice
squeeze one bulb of roasted garlic from skin into a bowl and mash with a fork. Add Mayo & lemon juice and mix well; refrigerate.

2 1/4 lb. ground chuck
1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
1 tsp course salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp Tex Mex Rub (this made the burger to me)
6 thick slices ripe tomato
hamburger buns
guacamole
salt & pepper to taste.

Place a second bulb of roasted garlic in a bowl and mix with hamburger worcestershire sauce & course salt & pepper.

Gently form patties about 1/2 to 3/4 inches thick. Coat the patties equally with the tex mex rub.

Tex Mex Rub:

2 tbsp chili powder
4 tsp garlic salt
2 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp oregano leaves, crushed
3/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.

Preheat grill to high heat, grill the burgers for about 1 minute per side, move the burgers to medium heat and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more per side for medium burgers. Toast the buns if you wish.

Spread garlic mayo on one side of the bun, top with lettuce a burger, guacamole and a thick tomato slice. Yields 6 burgers. and it was delicious.

Back