Minus 8 (-8 F) Rib Roast

Eric Aarseth

TVWBB Super Fan
Christmas Eve dinner will be a rib roast (5 rib) plus foil pack potatoes and onions. The temp is 8 below zero (F) and dropping. No idle time admiring the fire, but the cook will go well. Indirect on my 26.5" weber. One chunk of mesquite to add to the flavor. Seasoning is kosher salt then rosemary and garlic.

Many times I see posts about barbecuing and grilling at cold temps. Other than the minor discomfort of tending the fire in the cold, I see little difference between my grilling/barbequing results summer vs winter. A little more fuel but there is nothing I can do in the summer that I can't do in the winter (even high-temp brisket).

So for those in colder climes like myself, if you can bear the cold, there are no limitations to what you can cook over fire. In fact, winter is the perfect time for cold-smokes like cheese.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Thanks to all of you who provide so much useful, reliable and entertaining information.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Many times I see posts about barbecuing and grilling at cold temps. Other than the minor discomfort of tending the fire in the cold, I see little difference between my grilling/barbequing results summer vs winter. A little more fuel but there is nothing I can do in the summer that I can't do in the winter (even high-temp brisket).
Tight lines, sharp hooks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Agree 100%
Merry Christmas to you and the family Eric!
FishOn! ><=)))*>

Now that is what I'm talkin about! We complain around here and at least it's above zero! Ho ho hope your cook goes well! (that was cheesy. Sorry)
icon_razz.gif

Back