Minion Method Question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

I am going to do an overnight cook this Satruday night of a 9.5lb pork butt for a party on Sunday at 2pm. Will I have enough heat/fuel left after the cook to smoke 2 salmon fillets or will I need to add more charcoal?

Thanks

Tim

And you might want to start that pork butt early Saturday evening. My pork butts have never taken less than 2 hours/lb and usually go closer to 2.5 hours/lb. Trim as much fat as you can off of it to get your time into the "advertised" 1.5 to 2 hours/lb range. Better you finish in the morning and have to hold it wrapped in foil in the cooler for a couple of hours than have a bunch of hungry guests waiting for the butt to finish.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Smith:
[qb] Hello all,

I am going to do an overnight cook this Satruday night of a 9.5lb pork butt for a party on Sunday at 2pm. Will I have enough heat/fuel left after the cook to smoke 2 salmon fillets or will I need to add more charcoal?

Thanks

Tim [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That is a pretty big butt. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

You might consider cutting it in half to reduce the cook time. You will also get more bark thataway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back