Minion method for short cooks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check the "why doesn't Minion Method taint food" thread under Advanced Discussion and you'll see a similiar question raised by me. Stogie responed with some good info. My concern was being able to use this method with less charcaol than a full ring. Stogie starts with slightly less than 1/2 unlit for the short cooks. Sounded good to me. I'm going to try it.

PRG

i did the Minion method and cooked ribs, Only filled collar about 1/3 full. 4 1/2 hours later things turned out great

I use the Minion Method for all of my cooks including ribs. For the shorter cooks, I use less charcoal. It works great.

-mc

MM has worked for me for shorter cooks also. Even if you use a little too much charcoal, close the bottom vents when you are done and you can re-use the leftover charcoal on the next cook!

The Minion method works great for all low temp cooks. As mentioned earlier, another benefit is that it uses less charcoal. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim Minion:
[qb] I use the MM for everything I do. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
Jim [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Which includes brushing his teeth all the way down to tying his shoes, in case no one's paying close attention. /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back