Mid week treats

Darryl - swazies

TVWBB Diamond Member
Nothing over the top, but when working 10 hour shifts plus travel, there just isn’t a lot of time to really make anything that takes work.
Last night was smoked boneless chops, added to about 450 degree performer to warm up and get some nice colour and grill marks.
Competition beef and pork by Oakridge…..grilled asparagus and beans from a can……these beans are great, I can’t get enough of them.
Nutritious and delicious.
Lots of left overs in the house……1 chicken breast, left over skirt from Saturday’s tacos, mango, avocado, verde enchilada sauce, white onion, jalapeño, always beans and rice, tortillas and corn shells. Hopefully something interesting, I keep getting denied edible taco bowls……or I mean giant half tacos when they soften up. Hopefully good enough to post!

Attachments

• IMG_0195.jpeg
    IMG_0195.jpeg
    116.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0196.jpeg
    IMG_0196.jpeg
    178.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0197.jpeg
    IMG_0197.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0198.jpeg
    IMG_0198.jpeg
    160.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0199.jpeg
    IMG_0199.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0200.jpeg
    IMG_0200.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0202.jpeg
    IMG_0202.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    178.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    167.2 KB · Views: 14
All work and no play makes for a long day. And there's nothing better than some BBQ after a long day. Some nice BBQ there Darryl. Get some bacon chunks, brown it and toss that into them beans, very tasty

I hear you on the work thing.....I leave home at 7 and return around 6.....I enjoy a few beers after that but with eating small amounts of healthy (ish) food all the time the daily beers keep adding to the male gas tank I tell yah.....if I had to get back into better shape I would have to give up my after work exercises....which include the only things I like doing in the day......beers, bbq, some good old classic vinyl with the MRS. Sounds like a bad time.
By the time I got to asparagus it was getting kind of dark, they were thin pieces and I didn't want to over cook them. I did however want a bit more char on them but just couldn't see how they were doing when I took them off. They tasted good, a quick cook on those is approved at my place. Crunchy asparagus with a bit of butter or salt gets eaten......floppy soggy aparagus does not.
Thanks for looking Chuck.......maybe post tonight's treats here too if its something other than just a burrito bowl........

Back