Microwave buckboard bacon??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk J

TVWBB Member
OK I know I'll probably get a hard time for this, but anybody cook it in the microwave? I think I like it better. Just finished my first batch and cooked both ways. Obviously it's wonderfull both ways but each way somewhat different. It shrank more in the microwave, but retained alot more smoke flavor, and seemed closer to regular bacon this way. Course I normally cook bacon this way too....what can I say I like simple.
Anyway, just curious as to what others think.

Yep, I've done it both ways, too. The only way I haven't tried is my favorite way to cook storebought bacon, and that's on a baking sheet in the oven. Not sure why I haven't---sounds like a project for tomorrow.

I find that the longer you cook the buckboard bacon (using either method) the more bacon-y it tastes. I thought the microwave made it greasier, tho (which isn't a bad thing). Didn't really notice much of a flavor difference, except that I thought I liked it better in the cast iron skillet.

If you want the complete bacon experience, try heating on medium with a little (or a lot) of butter.
The extra fat contributes to the "real" bacon texture, and distributes the smoky surface flavor throughout the slice.
Also, for the fatalists, the leavings in the pan make an awesome dip for toast or crusty bread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back