Mexican Mole-Style Shredded Beef Tacos

Mark, your shredded beef "tastes" great in my mind. I've been looking for a good beef mole and yours hit my taste buds right.

Please tell us what you did with those luscious juices I see in the pan. Were there only enough juices left to barely moisten the meat or did you defat them and thicken them a bit before you incorporated them into the meat so they wouldn't be so drippy when eating them?

Love the cocoa in the mix. A dear friend of ours is a coffee expert and I can see that adding a bit of ground coffee beans might just make him a friend for life, although not worried on that account. :)

Thanks for sharing your success!

Rita

Last edited:
Hi Rita.

Thanks for the compliments!

Please tell us what you did with those luscious juices I see in the pan. Were there only enough juices left to barely moisten the meat or did you defat them and thicken them a bit before you incorporated them into the meat so they wouldn't be so drippy when eating them?

I put the juices through the fat separater, then poured them back into the shredded meat. There were just enough juices to wet the meat, without being drippy!

Thank you Mark. That gives me a lot to go on. When I do chuck roasts, there is usually more liquid. I'll go with the flow! I just love the chile blend.

Rita

Yummy! Looking for ideas for something like this for Sunday, so recipe please!

We made these last week... outstanding!

44B5672F-1085-4B5B-B250-39C19D9E1B3F.jpg

4023765D-BAD8-4BA6-A62B-DA95D89F4383.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration and the recipe!!!

We made these last week... outstanding!

Thanks for the inspiration and the recipe!!!

David, I am glad you enjoyed it. Your tacos look outstanding! This is definitely a recipe that I'll be making again.

One thing I wish I had done was to make an actual mole sauce to go with.

David, I am glad you enjoyed it. Your tacos look outstanding! This is definitely a recipe that I'll be making again.

One thing I wish I had done was to make an actual mole sauce to go with.

I totally agree, Mark. Finding a good mole recipe is high on my list!

Back