Mesquite turkey breast

@MikeLucky, the Summit NGs are nice but tbh, the fact that they wear down in the cookbox, I'd avoid buying or owning one. I've been charcoal WSK for almost a year now and don't miss the Summit NG 6 burner.

We're also building a new home and I am running NG in the backyard. I know I want to do a fire table for the patio area, and thinking I might add a NG gas grill but I'd do a smaller one, Genesis S325s (SS, 3 burner, or S435, 4 burner). The 435 is still $1k less than the Summit and I don't think the Summit NG does that much more for $1K more.

We're down to being 2 and occasionally 3 living at home now. Sunday dinners can easily swell to 8 people as we did this past Sunday. And when we have larger company over, we can have 20 people over. So the thoughts on a side NG grill is for veggies and quick cooks, basically light em up and fire up something easy.

I also have firing up the WSK down to 10 minutes to light the JD coals. And then 10 minutes to preheat the grate for proteins. Smoking mode is as simple too. I can have proteins on in 20 minute from lighting the fire in the hole.

I think it all depends how many people you're cooking for at a time. That would be the determining factor in having that additional grill and space.

I am also considering adding an outdoor oven and not another grill. Something larger than an Ooni. Like this or maybe a little larger: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095QYF968/?tag=tvwb-20

I'd recco you start with the WSK and get a feel for what you need or think you're missing, if missing anything at all. There's another side of me that says buy a 22" kettle for side cooks. I find I can run comfortable with 60-100 lbs of charcoal on hand and have an assorted setup. 60# of JD and a bag of KPro or B&B and Cowboy; whatever is on sale to stock up on. This has been plenty of fuel to keep on hand and have choices.

@MikeLucky, the Summit NGs are nice but tbh, the fact that they wear down in the cookbox, I'd avoid buying or owning one. I've been charcoal WSK for almost a year now and don't miss the Summit NG 6 burner.

We're also building a new home and I am running NG in the backyard. I know I want to do a fire table for the patio area, and thinking I might add a NG gas grill but I'd do a smaller one, Genesis S325s (SS, 3 burner, or S435, 4 burner). The 435 is still $1k less than the Summit and I don't think the Summit NG does that much more for $1K more.

We're down to being 2 and occasionally 3 living at home now. Sunday dinners can easily swell to 8 people as we did this past Sunday. And when we have larger company over, we can have 20 people over. So the thoughts on a side NG grill is for veggies and quick cooks, basically light em up and fire up something easy.

I also have firing up the WSK down to 10 minutes to light the JD coals. And then 10 minutes to preheat the grate for proteins. Smoking mode is as simple too. I can have proteins on in 20 minute from lighting the fire in the hole.

I think it all depends how many people you're cooking for at a time. That would be the determining factor in having that additional grill and space.

I am also considering adding an outdoor oven and not another grill. Something larger than an Ooni. Like this or maybe a little larger: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095QYF968/?tag=tvwb-20

I'd recco you start with the WSK and get a feel for what you need or think you're missing, if missing anything at all. There's another side of me that says buy a 22" kettle for side cooks. I find I can run comfortable with 60-100 lbs of charcoal on hand and have an assorted setup. 60# of JD and a bag of KPro or B&B and Cowboy; whatever is on sale to stock up on. This has been plenty of fuel to keep on hand and have choices.
Thanks for the input. I definitely wanted your perspective. I will use my WSK for a while and see how I feel after that. If it proves to be the flagship/centerpiece I think it might, then I can make a new plan. lol.

for you folks reading this OG thread, here's one that was 5% salinity brined:

i personally prefer the 5% salinity brined version more.

Back