Memo to self:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith H.

TVWBB Pro
It is advisable NOT to wear light colored garments whenst Q'n. It is inevitable that in the course of events, if one is not wearing an apron (and mayhaps even then), the piece d'resistance will make some unabashed effort to brush against the master/mistess-of-ceremonies. This will usually leave a tell-tale mark of no small consequence which is often difficult if not impossible to remove. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Keith, I can solve that tell-tale problem. Buy a bottle of Dawn Ultra dishwashing liquid (yellow or clear, not blue or green). Apply it full-strength to the grease stains on your shirt, rub it in, and then wash in warm water as usual. That has taken out every grease stain that Robert or I either one have managed to create so far.

Don't feel bad. My briskets always try to hug me to show me how much they love me, too. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Keri C, smokin' on Tulsa Time

either that or liberally apply matching/complimentary stains over the remainder of said soiled garment and call it you BBQ uniform

or make sure you get one stain from each subsequent cook on the garments and then it can be kinda like a photo album, a visual history of your cooks; when entertaining you can point out each stain to your guests and tell them all about it

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shawn W:
... when entertaining you can point out each stain to your guests and tell them all about it <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Like bah-jez? I like bah-jez. (hehe) /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Since I also demo grills, I have a cool double breasted chefs jacket, texas style. That and a pair of jeans and I am ready for a day of Q. Thanks for the info on dawn, sounds like the ticket for me.

Rath:

Its a thought, bit of danger, easy cleanup... Naw, Ms Keri solved the cleanup issue and I am still thinking bah-jez might be cool. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Q naked.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! Like Keith said, could be dangerous /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I like Shawn's solution as well /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Or, drink plenty of beer, until you no longer care about the stain.

If any guests ask about the stain, ask them if they want to eat, or leave now and be hungry. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I think the stains go well with the branding I usually give myself everytime I cook (note to self, remember vents are hot). Its just not right unless I have some scars to show for it each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back