Meatloaf plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Planning to do a meatloaf today(via the recipe on this site) I had an interesting development.

I had taken out a london broil to cook for dinner last night, but it never got cooked. So, when we got home I cubed it up and marinaded it overnight in W. sauce, Teriyki, White wine, hot sauce, galic, salt and pepper.

I figured as long as I'm cooking hot and fast, I'd give it a try.

Loaf is on the top grate at an internal temp. of 91 and the london broil is on skewers on the bottom grate. I choose cherry wood for this smoke.

Updates to follow.

Rath *not letting his meat loaf*

Well, an hour into the cook and I went to baste the loaf with good ole JD BBQ sauce and I noticed that the london broil looked done. I left them on for another half hour and pulled them out thru the door.

Man! Are they tasty!! The wife and I just finished most of them as appitizers. The meatloaf is at 151 so it's time to get the rest of the meal together.

Rath *smellin' of smoke and lovin' it*

The meatloaf was amazingly good, nice smoke ring. Once again the WSM lived up to its name. The whole cook lasted 1-1/2 hours.

Rath *gonna have to do longer cooks*

The beef cubes sound great Rath, of course you realize by now the WSM can do no wrong ...
icon_smile.gif

I'm doing a meatloaf on Saturday as well. How hot are you running? After it's done could you let me know how many hours/minutes per pound the cook was?

Rath,
I would like to know the temp and cook times as well. I have yet to do a meatloaf and this weekend may just be the weekend! Thanks!

Yeah Rath, I'd like to know what temp you cooked the meatloaf at. I did two this past weekend, cooked at 220* for 3 hrs(160* internal). They were great and I just used the last for a topping on a pizza. For those who haven't tried a meatloaf yet, you will love it!

Nick

Sorry, I thought you guys were familar with the recipe here. I cooked it at 300-325 but I'd say the average was 310.

Cook time was 1-1/2 hours. I took the london broil off after about an hour 10.

Rath *still debating, tastes great, less filling*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> ... I cooked it at 300-325 but I'd say the average was 310.

Cook time was 1-1/2 hours ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Was it a 3 lb meatloaf like the recipe Rath? It says 1 -2 hours for 3 lbs but I was hoping to get an actual from you to use as a guideline ... I'm doing 15 lbs today and I'm not sure when to fire things up. I may start the temp off lower for an hour or two to aid in smoke ring formation and then let the temp climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back