Meat Grinder

Thanks for the link Russell. I ground some meat to make burgers for our camping trip and they were great. Next time I'll take some pics fer ya. Thanks again.

If I'm going to be grinding a lot of meat, I'll get out the manual #32 grinder. But for small jobs I use the KitchAid. I wonder how many people use their KA mixer on the wrong speed when grinding up meat. That would be my guess on why they killed it. My KA Pro 600 needs to be on speed 4 for meat grinding. One tip when cutting the meat for the KA grinder. When you cut the meat up to size, cut it so the pieces are left as long as possible, instead of cubes. Makes less work and it'll just pull it in own it's own. Thanks to Rita Y for that tip.

Yo Bryan,
We have a Pro-Line Model KsM5 325 watter. Really love it. The instructions that come with the grinder attachmnet say to use setting 4 so shame on them for not reading!LOL Most I've done with mine at one session was 18 lbs of butt/fatback a few weeks ago when i made 3 different sausages. Needed to do something with some butts that ahd been in the freezer since Xmas. Got them for .89/lb and overbought.

Back