May offer $100..is this rust treatable?

Yeah, I think over $10 I would just make it happen. Finding them in that kind of shape is rare. So sure maybe you find one cheaper but then have to put in more labor or material sometimes it just equals out. Now, that being said if you're wanting to flip it it's a whole nother story. As all you know I rebuild, repair and resell KitchenAid mixers. There is one in my kitchen right now that yeah..................maybe I over paid a little if I was wanting to flip it for profit. But it's one of the big 8qt heavy commercial machines. Different animals than run of the mill home type units. I bought it strictly knowing it was not going to be sold. Of course in any case I really don't make much of anything to speak of off the machines anyway. I have never put less than 5 hours labor into one, the grease I use is not the run of the mill crap from the factory the stuff I buy sets me back about $13.00 per machine, on the larger with the pressed in place planetary I have a friend (retired tool and die guy) that does some mods for me to beef up the planetary so I have to drive about 40 miles each way to his house to do that mod, there's parts and such so by the time I am done maybe I "make" $50. But, it keeps me outta the bars LOL

Here’s a good question. Can you simply swap out the NG manifold In that grill with the correct LP manifold?

Right good point Kyle. I think I have an old Tank scale somewhere, although it was for an older Genesis. Tank might fit in there without a hole?

Ken:
Which fuel source do you ultimately want your grill to be? If you get a NG grill, but want one that is LP, then what Kyle has added is on the money or you could leave the tank outside of the grill on the ground after you get a regulator/hose to connect it to the 3/8" flare connection on a manifold. You also need to round up an LP manifold which could be pricey. Not every manifold will fit every model of grill. Keep us posted!

Back