Maverick thermometers

The Maverick ET-732 is awesome..go to the Kitchen Equipment & Gadgets section in the forum and you will find tons of info on it

I love the Maverick ET-732 for my smoker, but I might have some reservations about using it for high heat grilling. The probe wires are supposed to be heat resistant to 716 F, and the receiver displays cooker temps up to 572 F. I don't know what temp my OTG reaches, but my girlfriend's gas grill is routinely over 716.

Does anyone have experience using them for grilling instead of smoking?

I would love to use the thermometer for both. my new..well new to me....performer has a dome temp gauge. This seems to vary form measuring grate temp. So I guess I would use it to measure grate temp.....sorry to be so general. I did not realize there were so many mavericks.

I have the Maverick ET-73 also called the Redi-Chek smoker thermometer. I only use it on my WSM and not the gasser.

My local BBQ store didn't have the ET-732 so I went with the ET-73. I think they're the same price.

The ET-732 has had some good enhancements over the ET-73. The best one being the distance for the remote. The ET-732 is 300 feet whereas the ET-73 is 100 ft. Mine barely makes 40 ft. I really like te dual probes (one for meat and one for the smoker)

Yes, I agree, Mark R makes a good point.

Steve

Back