Maverick Probe Problem

Todd Brazil

TVWBB Member
The Maverick ET-732 probes will not fit through my existing probe eyelet assembly purchased from BBQ Guru. The majority of the probe slides through except for the last portion where it is crimped to the wire. Does anyone have any experience with drilling out an existing eyelet just a little bit? If this is not an option please give recommendations on where to purchase another eyelet assembly that will accept the diameter of my new probes.

The Maverick ET-732 probes will not fit through my existing probe eyelet assembly purchased from BBQ Guru. The majority of the probe slides through except for the last portion where it is crimped to the wire. Does anyone have any experience with drilling out an existing eyelet just a little bit? If this is not an option please give recommendations on where to purchase another eyelet assembly that will accept the diameter of my new probes.

I don't have the BBQ guru eyelet but use the grommet mod as in this link http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?19285

I can fit two maverick probes and the angled probes from my other temp probes with no issue all at one time. Is there a length issue where it doesn't clear or a circumference issue. I know if the grommets are too long it can get hard to get the angled part of the probes cleared. Cold you file a bit down on length possibly on it?

I did see this notation on their website for it though so you may be out of luck..
NOTE: The Maverick ET-732 has a larger probe and does NOT fit through the eyelet holes.

Some people have also just cut a slit at the lid area that will allow for probe wire to slide into enough to close the lid without crimping or resting on them.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Rather than trying to modify my exisiting Guru eyelet, I think I'll try Bob's suggestion using lamp parts and create a second pass through.

Back