Maverick ET732 replacement probes

Cory L.

TVWBB Member
I have a Maverick ET732 and am looking for replacement probes that are longer than the originals as well as the little clip that holds the pit probe just off the grate. I seem to have lost my pit probe clip and the short wires have been a pain to deal with for me.

On the shopping page I found a 6 ft. replacement pit probe but haven't come across a 6 ft meat probe or the clip that holds the pit probe. Anyone have any ideas where I could find these? Thanks.

I found some 6 ft. probes on Amazon. No luck with the pit probe clip yet. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

I lost my clip after my first cook. I poked a hole in a wine cork threaded it through, and trimmed the bottom to fit through the grate. Works great.

That is a great idea. I have been on mavericks site before but never saw a place to order replacement parts. I checked again today and found it. Thanks.

Maverick sells longer heavier duty probes as an accessory. If you still have the manual that came with your unit take a look in there you will find them listed for about $20.

Give them a call direct and order. They have good service over the phone. Used them several times. They've even sent me free parts on occasion.

I have the set of replacement probes - very nice. They include cheaper/shorter ones with the unit so that they can hit a competitive price point against the competition.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.W. Hughes:
I lost my clip after my first cook. I poked a hole in a wine cork threaded it through, and trimmed the bottom to fit through the grate. Works great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are a genius! I'm going to give this a try. The internet also tells me cork begins to "seriously degrade" around 400F and won't ignite until about 575F. That should be plenty high for BBQ.

I ordered a 6' food and BBQ probes for $16 on barbequejunction.com. they where on back order but I ordered any way. He emailed me the next day and said he would have more within a week. And he did.

To Cory L.: I purchased some extra probe clips off of Ebay a week ago. They are still listed on Ebay, Search for "Maverick Thermometer Probe Clip".

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan Mayland:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J.W. Hughes:
I lost my clip after my first cook. I poked a hole in a wine cork threaded it through, and trimmed the bottom to fit through the grate. Works great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are a genius! I'm going to give this a try. The internet also tells me cork begins to "seriously degrade" around 400F and won't ignite until about 575F. That should be plenty high for BBQ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Overhere, most people just use a potatoe to keep the probe in place... just pierce it with the probe and off you go!

IMG_5349.jpg

Cork is a great solution for the clip. Wine drinkers can replace them at will. You can also use an alligator clip like the ones you use to clip bunches of paper together. If using a potato, don't use a big one because it needs to come to temp along with the pit.

I just lost my food probe (have a toddler) and have to order a new one. I'm in Toronto and the shipping is more than the probe.

Back