Masterbuilt 40 inch Digital Charcoal Smoker (WSM w/ temp controls)

Howard V

TVWBB Member
Masterbuilt just announced their new 40 inch Digital Charcoal Smoker...vertical cabinet with 1320 sq ft cooking space .....looks like WSM set up but with fan to control temps...price is $349

Intrigued by concept, wonder how well it will work and last.

Thoughts?

People aren’t going the directions and light all the charcoal and try to bring down the temp. Poor food. Lol. Looks real interesting. If it produces great results that would be awesome.

personally, I don't want to own a grill that needs more than a lighter to start. Looks like a good idea, but I've never been a fan of grills that must be plugged in

I think I will try to find 1 of these, Like it better than the gravity feed model, maybe there will be some more reviews to look at by the time I get ready to drop the hammer

In concept, it looks great.

Charcoal/wood fired vertical smoker with pellet grill type integrated auto features.

Modest sized footprint but nice capacity. Says it can do 8 slabs laid out flat on four square cooking grates.

Looks like a pretty easily accessible charcoal unit -- separate door, slide out basket, slide out ash pan.

Price would be much better than an 18 or 22 plus an add on ATC.

TBD, though, how well it actually works and how well it is actually built. Would love to see Weber rather than Masterbuilt doing auto charcoal units, but the pellet trend is too big for Weber to ignore.

This is built like a lot of the cabinet smokers that are high end, most of those use a fan with temp probes to control the temps as a add on item, this eliminates the added purchase, yea its probably not insulated but it also aint $1500 either lol

Cabinet looks the same as they're electric smokers.
I have a propane/charcoal one without a glass door, I'm on my 4th year and it's showing some surface rust.

Back